Duratrans / Backlit Film Printing
Welcome to our post “Duratrans Printing: An Advertising Option Which Is Worth Considering.”
Most of us might have started forgetting the Kodak story, but not for ardent photographers. Eastman Kodak Company has managed to etch its name deep in the history of photography through its numerous contribution to the field. One key contribution is the Duratrans photographic and printing technique.
Duratrans Prints – What is it?
Duratrans is the shortened name for Endura Transparency technique. This technique was developed and so named in Kodak Company in mid-1979. It refers to large sized backlit transparent color films. The Duratrans name has been adapted to encompass all forms of large display backlit display materials.
In the printing technique graphics are printed on a translucent base film. It is also possible to print them on a transparent base. In the latter, a milky backside membrane, the diffuser, is added to increase the light dispersion across the whole surface.
Quality expectations of the technique
Since its advent Duratrans has been preferred for the following reasons;
• Resolution: Duratrans has a higher resolution than most other forms of print solutions. Under normal print, you can easily get a 1200 dpi print. An optimized print can go up to 4000 dpi for very large prints. As such it is a better choice for large outdoor signages.
• Durability/ color lifespan: Ultraviolet light tends to cause decay on photographic prints especially cheaper pigment options. In has a higher lifespan in comparison to other print materials. More reason to use it for outdoor displays.
• Black opacity: Light blocking is an important feature in making graphic prints sparkle prominently. Dura displays handle this particular print aspect quite well. They are able to block transmitted light which results in a lighter color schematic where there are dark image shades.
• Dot size: It is able to capture so many dots per inch within a small portion. This results in a rich fine picture. As compared to other inkjet prints, it offers some of the smoothest color transition prints
• Contrast and saturations; Due to high pixels and resolution, it is able to produce high contrast prints. The color saturation on its large format display is the best one can get for any displays.
Points to note about Duratrans Printing
• Expensive: It requires skill to produce. It also need specialized printers to produce on the special film. This makes its displays more expensive to produce.
• Turn-around times: The process of producing dura displays has evolved since 1979. Advancement in production processes has meant lesser time is spent producing the pieces. Most graphic design processors ask for between 2- 4 days to complete processing a print. The fastest printers, though, can do it within a day.
• Backlit restriction: Unfortunately, the backlit display prints are restricted to the use of backlights. Without the availability of backlights, the pictures tend to appear distorted.
Usage of Duratrans Prints today
• Public display advertising: Most of the crisp graphic large displays are made of Duratrans. They are printed so for two reasons. They are well illuminated due to the presence of diffused light. The second reason is that they require lesser light bulbs inside them resulting in lower energy costs.
• Point of purchase display: Most superstores have illuminated signs just above the cashiers. To make sure that customers are able to see these signs (and cut costs) most stores choose to use backlit displays for such signages.
• Lighted wayfinding signages: Ever been lost in the airport? Did you have to use the direction pointer signs? You might have been interacting with Duratrans sign. For the same reasons of illumination and cost, most airports and rails stations choose to use Duratrans.
• Television translites: The background behind many news anchors and talks show hosts are specially formulated to capture and use backlight. These backgrounds are normally stretched horizontally and emblazoned with city landscapes or company logos. The light diffusing property works well in creating a balanced light all across the background.
Factors to consider before using Duratrans display
• Cost: It is expensive in the short run due to high production costs. After installation, they can serve you for longer periods, which offsets the initial adoption cost.
• Usage: If using on large format displays it is the best option to use. If trying on a small signage with clear surrounding light there are cheaper options.
• Period of use: Due to expense it is best used if your mind is made up on middle to long-term use. If you are bent on changing signage and advert displays frequently, you should consider going for another option.
As you might notice, duratrans offer so many advantages when it comes to display. Whenever thinking of advertising, it should be should be among your first choices. Get a couple of trustworthy graphic design printers to help you in this pursuit. You won’t regret it.
Amazing Benefits of Duratrans Printing
Duratrans are widely used these days because of the superb advantages that they offer. Let’s have a look at some of the benefits of Duratrans below:
Duratrans Offer Photographic Quality
One of the best ways to set your business apart from your competition is to create a unique appearance. Having a professional looking sign is a great way of doing so. When you use Duratrans with your sign, it will create a high quality as well as professional looking appearance that you are looking for.
Duratrans Provide Superior Color Transparency
Creating signs that are pronounced, true, and sharp are essential for the success of your business. Go for the streaky colors or the ones that fades from one area to the next call into the question of what your business actually offers.
Appeal People Naturally
When the colors are bright, people are naturally more satisfied with them. Duratrans make your sign a piece of beauty and art so that leave your customers noticing and commenting about it. You might also hear your customers saying that the sign was the most memorable aspect of your business that helped them to remember your product or service.
Duratrans Add Clarity, Contrast, and Sharpness
If you want the right sharpness, clarity, and focus in your images, nothing can help you better than Duratrans. The manufacturing process of Duratrans make sure that the image is not blurry or cloudy. Most of the business have signs that are muddy and unclear. This problem does not occur when you use Duratrans.
Industri Designs Offer Professional Duratrans Printing Services
Industri Designs provides highly professional models and configurations of LED backlit signs and light boxes for Duratrans backlit graphics. We print on Duratrans in 8 color eco-solvent inks that produce stunningly rich and vibrant prints that last 20 times longer than other prints. Besides that, they are scratch and water resistant, and can withstand direct UV sunlight for years to remain bright and vivid.Our professional and pro-active customer service has enable us to maintain a bond of trust with our customers.
Find us here: 175 Varick St New York, NY10014
POPULAR PAGE: Duratrans
ALSO CHECK : Flyers Postcards